While the focus of Wanger Associates is on nonprofit organizations, we have been quite successful in promoting select start-up and young companies.
Our criteria for working with such companies: 1) Are they involved in socially responsible issues, and 2) Will it be fun working with them?
Among the small business clients we have supported:
- College Coach, an educational consulting firm that provides college admissions counseling services to corporations as a work/family benefit for parents and assists businesses in developing cost-effective tuition assistance programs.
- B*tween Productions, a publishing company that produces The Beacon Street Girls, a series of books that provides positive messages for teen girls, and a popular website.
- Work/Family Directions, a pioneer in the work-life field that introduced child care resource and referrals as a corporate work family benefit. The owner was named Inc Magazine's Entrepreneur of the Year in the social responsible category.
- The New England Soup Factory, a food company that sells hot soups and sandwiches. Nothing particularly socially responsible here but the owners are friends, they are fun to work with, and the food is great.
- Parents in a Pinch, a company that originated in-home child care as a corporate work-life benefit.
“The impact of the news coverage and the cover stories in our trade publications has been amazing. Admissions applications are at a record high and we've never had so many visitors and inquiries about our museum.”
“Most importantly, the media coverage has had a significant impact on our capital campaign
the credibility engendered by the clips has played a major role in this success.”
Former Executive Director
The Barton Center for Diabetes Education