HEALTH CARE CLIENTS AND PROJECTS
Providing public relations services in the health care requires particular expertise in science, development, media relations, marketing, and human resources. Equally important is the ability to gain the confidence of physicians and a respect for patient confidentiality.
We have successfully represented more than 20 health care clients in recent years, including hospitals, rehabilitation centers, health centers, medical device companies, medical research organizations, and biotech companies.
Among current and former clients:
- New England Eye Institute (NEEI) We provide marketing and media relations services for NEEI, one of the largest provider of vision services in Boston. Among our services for NEEI: revamping their website, promoting research and community service programs of optometrists, and publicizing the opening of new facilities. NEEI is the clinical system of The New England College of Optometry.
- Boston Medical Center We served as the marketing consultant for the institution's Department of Medicine. Working with over 18 outpatient departments, we developed individual marketing plans for each, wrote and produced new brochures and other collateral materials, implemented a number of community and business outreach strategies, organized special events, and planned and executed a major direct mail campaign aimed at both patients and referral sources.
- The Framingham Heart Study We developed and implemented an award-winning national and local media relations campaign and related special events for the 50th and 60th anniversaries of The Framingham Heart Study. Coverage included a cover story in U.S. News & World Report, and news stories in USA Today, The Los Angeles Times, The New York Times, Good Morning America, Yankee Magazine, ABC radio, and NPR among many others.
- American Biogenetic Sciences We prepared and implemented a media plan and special press event to announce the development of a new blood test for thrombosis. Working with company scientists, we organized a meeting for several national science writers to discuss ABS's latest work in the field and its importance for better management of heart attack and stroke. Background material about the test and the company was prepared and distributed to key health care, science, and bio-tech writers. Articles about the test appeared in a number of national medical and business publications.
- Hebrew Rehabilitation Center for Aged We worked with the Center's one-person public relations department in promoting research and human interest stories to the external media. Within the first two weeks of working with the Center, we placed a story which ran on Page 1 of The Boston Globe and another which ran live on Good Morning America.
- Covenant Health Care System We provided marketing and media relations support for this network of health care facilities. Our work has ranged from a crisis communications plan and media relations to marketing plans for assisted living facilities and nursing homes.
- Children's Hospital We worked on a number of media and marketing projects for the hospital's public affairs department. Working with physicians and patients, we developed and placed such stories as a new genetic research program and a treatment for pulmonary hypertension in infants.
- The Malden Hospital We served as their agency of record for five years. Most of our work for the hospital involved the development and implementation of marketing communications programs for new physician practices. We also prepared major studies on Asian and Hispanic marketing; developed and prepared collateral material.
- The Massachusetts General Hospital We were retained by MGH to help them restructure their public relations office after their long-time director retired. We also assisted the hospital in recruiting a replacement and handled media relations for special projects until the new director was in place, including the announcement of a new president.
- HCHP/Lahey Partnership We handled media relations and related communications activities tied into the announcement of the purchase of new group practices purchased by the partnership.
- The Carney Hospital We served as agency of record for two years for the hospital. We were originally called in to develop and implement a crisis communications plan tied into a planned layoff. We also prepared a communications audit, handled media relations, and some special projects.
- Waltham Weston Hospital and Medical Center We served the hospital for over two years on a variety of public relations projects, including media relations, community relations, and marketing communications support for special projects.
“The publicity that Wanger Associates afforded AT&T was broad, constant and sharply focused. And the no-frills approach translated into reasonable rates.”
“In brief, Wanger helped place AT&T on network television, national print and syndicated radio. Moreover, we received wise counsel when planning approaches to publicity.”
“Having worked in public relations since 1969 and having dealt with agencies large and small, I would say that Wanger Associates rates among the top.”
Former Senior Public Relations Director