SELECTED EDUCATION CLIENTS AND PROJECTS
Wanger Associates was originally founded as an agency specializing in education as Barry Wanger, the principal and founder, has served as director of public affairs for the National Endowment for the Humanities, Brandeis University, UC Santa Barbara, and Wheelock College.
We have represented more than 20 large and small colleges and universities, conducting major communications audits, handling national and local media relations, creating websites, and developing and implementing comprehensive public relations plans.
What sets us apart is that we have extensive experience working closely with the offices of the president, development, admissions, and alumni affairs. We have produced two inaugurations, prepared speeches and presentations for presidents and deans, created a case study for a capital campaign, prepared direct mail for admissions, and produced an alumni magazine.
Clients have included: Harvard School of Education, Wellesley College, Simmons College, Northeastern University's School of Law, New England College of Optometry, Hebrew College, Cambridge College, Roxbury Community College, Northern Essex Community College, Wheelock College, Regis College, Fitchburg State College, Mt. Holyoke College, and Colleges of the Fenway among others.
In virtually all situations our efforts focus on two bottom lines: increasing the number of quality applicants and supporting fundraising campaigns.
Among our major projects:
- New England College of Optometry We handle media relations, speech writing, governmental relations, special events, marketing communications, the website, and special projects for the President and Admissions office. We also provide public relations and marketing support for the New England Eye Institute, the college's clinical system.
- Northeastern University School of Law We handle all media relations for the law school, including special clinics and programs. Most of our efforts are designed to promote the work of faculty, increase visibility for the school, and attract high-achieving students.
- Harvard Graduate School of Education We conducted a survey of leading, national higher education reporters to determine their perceptions of The School of Education. We developed a series of recommendations designed to strengthen the School's media relations efforts.
- Regis College We conducted a comprehensive internal and external communications audit. The final report ran over 100 pages and included 118 specific recommendations covering everything from media relations, the college's web page, communications with prospective students, development efforts, and internal issues.
- Northern Essex Community College We developed and implemented a three-year marketing communications campaign that included advertising, media relations, re-design of most college publications, and special events.
- Wheelock College The College outsourced the public relations and publications functions to Wanger Associates. We sharply increased media coverage, developed a publications program that saved Wheelock more than $40,000 in the first year alone, and created and implemented marketing communications programs for continuing education programs.
- Clark University We developed and implemented a media relations campaign to generate awareness for a public high school that Clark helped create. Coverage included major stories in The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Christian Science Monitor and two AP features.
“The publicity that Wanger Associates afforded AT&T was broad, constant and sharply focused. And the no-frills approach translated into reasonable rates.”
“In brief, Wanger helped place AT&T on network television, national print and syndicated radio. Moreover, we received wise counsel when planning approaches to publicity.”
“Having worked in public relations since 1969 and having dealt with agencies large and small, I would say that Wanger Associates rates among the top.”
Former Senior Public Relations Director